Reflective Journals#12

This week was horrible.  I worked as a runner on Sunday.  I didn’t want to be a runner because it’s hard for me to deliver heavy things, such as Rollerway bed. However, I got two calls which asked for it.  First of all, the Rollerway was huge, and I’m not strong enough to carry it.  Therefore, I spent almost 45 minutes to deliver it to the guests’ rooms.  Since this week was Thanksgiving, I worked overtime. There’s a group of wealthy people who stayed with us for a week.  The amazing thing was they had designed their rooms in different themes.  For instance, they occupied 25 rooms on the VIP floor, and each of them had different theme, such as toy story. They had their own securities for 24 hours. Moreover, no one could get in that floor except the two housekeepers, one runner and the duty manager.  It was really cool since I never seen this before.  Luckily, I was doing the turn down on Friday and Saturday, so I had a chance to see the decorations in each room.  There’s a mailbox in front of each room, and I heard that they received gifts everyday.  Moreover, there were decorations inside the room, and the decorations reflect to the theme that they chose.  The decorations were pretty.  However, it’s hard to do the turn down since they had everything on the beds and floor.  I spent almost 20 minutes in each room in just doing the turn down service.  It made me exhausted after.

Huihong He

Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resort

Housekeeping

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.