Illuminations & Fantasmic – Week 12

Disney classes are finally done! I can officially enjoy my days off with my roommate and friends. Since my roommate and I extended our program, we weren’t in a hurry to explore the parks because we didn’t want to distract ourselves from the class work that we had. Now that the load has lightened a little, we decided to go check out the light shows of different parks. So far we’ve been to the Illuminations from Epcot and the Fantasmic show from Hollywood Studios.

The Fantasmic show was absolutely fantastic! I could only imagine how much fun the cast members for this attraction have considering the amount of things going on at once during this show. The show starts off with Mickey making his appearance to the stage and as he starts dancing, a veil of water arises from three different parts of the stage. From these veils of water you can see different scenes of classic Disney movies and of course from the movie Fantasia. One part of the show truly amazed me was where the water was set on fire and everyone instantly felt the heat from their seat. Due to the fiery scene from this show, I highly recommend those who want to see this to take center seat because you will get very hot and wet sitting up front. My favorite of all was the way they ended the show. All the princesses and princes come out on a boat to wave at the guests and the fireworks goes off. I think my inner child slipped out for a split second. It’s also quite romantic if you go with someone of your interest. Attention men, this is a HINT, be a prince and take your princess to this show, she will probably feel very special.

As for the Illuminations, it is a bit different from the Fantasmic show. If you stand right in front of the lagoon of the countries while watching the Illuminations, it will feel very magical as the firework shoots up into the sky. It feels as if you are right underneath the fireworks and if you reach your hands up you could touch it. Illuminations stand for “the lighting of the nations” and midway into the show, a giant globe floats into the center of the lagoon where it shows you many aspect of nature and people of different nationalities. There are also mini lanterns that lights up around the lagoon. Near the end of the show, you will see each country light up according to the music being played in the background. One thing I must say is that Disney is very good at picking music that corresponds to each light show they do. Right before the show ends, there is a dramatic conclusion created by the fireworks.

For those who have not seen these shows, please make sure you set some time aside for it. You will understand once you see it for yourself. There is plenty of action in the Fantasmic show that I have not mention and Illuminations is a show you must see and feel for yourself to understand that magical feeling I’m talking about. These are shows that guests from all over the world come to see and since we are here why not take advantage of it.

Mei Lin
Epcot – Future World East Attractions
Spaceship Earth

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.