Weekly Journal #4

I took a quick trip to New York this past week since my parents offered to pay my flight since they missed me. They did not tell my younger siblings so when I got to their school to pick them they were so excited and happy. They thought I was coming back to stay but I explained to them its going to be for a few days since Minnie and Mickey are expecting me back because they need my help. Taking this trip to New York was pretty important because I had to do a lot in the little bit of time I had. I always had the opportunity to take my road test in New York since I took classes before but I just didnā€™t want to. I was able to get an appointment and on my first try I was able to pass my road, which I was super excited for because a driver license is a must in Florida. I do rely on the bus transportation not the best but honestly its manageable I just keep reminding myself itā€™s just like New York transportation. While being back in my New York home although I did miss my family a lot and it was nice to be back, I did feel like I wasnā€™t at my ā€œreal homeā€. My room at home, my parents made it into a storage room, which was ok I mean I was gone for 4 months and going to be gone for another 4. But I also realized that in my current home I love being able to do my own responsibilities and independence. I am proud of the person I was able to grow since starting the program.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.