Creativity and Leadership

Creativity and leadership

Lately, I have been thinking what is a create person? Is it the person who can create a show, or is it the one that perform the show? Is it an artist or just an artisan? Is it a random guy who knows who to play the piano or is it the one whom create the lyrics to be playing in the piano? I do not know, but the only think I know is that creativity is everywhere I go and that it is up to us to make it works for a better world.

Every time I think about creativity, I always link it with leadership. It takes courage and risk for a person to be different and make a difference in the world. That is what leadership is about; someone who is willing to make change, take a risk and make the different for the good of others, for a better place. While I was reading the article “How Pixar Foster Collective Creativity,” published on the Harvard Business magazine by Ed Catmull, I was impressed by how great leadership styles empower others to reach a goal.

http://hbr.org/2008/09/how-pixar-fosters-collective-creativity/ar/1

In this article, the Edwin Earl current president and co-founder of Pixar animation studios and Disney Animation studios relates in a simple way how important  is to empower others, to work as a team and to think different. Genius are not discover by themselves they need to be discover by someone else, by a leader how can guide them to transform the world and pursuit an unexpected goal. However, to become a genius is important to think different, to be crazy in a good way, to have an idea but the most important thing to believe that changes can be make. It just takes one person with one idea to start.

Here at Disney, I have learned the importance of thinking and making things in a different way. There is always a space and time for innovation, even at my workplace. There are millions things that can be created or innovated just to make a difference. As a housekeeper, every day is different. Sometimes there is not enough time to create or innovate but if you think as a leader, you can always plan ahead of time and get the best out of everyday with efficiency. It might take your whole life to become a genius, but it only takes dedication and determination to become a leader and to learn how to be created.

This entry was posted in Read and React 5. Bookmark the permalink.