Journal #11

For the next few weeks I am going back to being a floater at my hotel. The reasons for this is that the hotel is going through something call a rehab. My curiosity led me to ask my leader about the process and itā€™s basically remodeling everything in the rooms from the sinks, furniture to the carpets. I am very excited of being part of the change. This means that in about three weeks when and if I get my section back ill have brand new rooms to play with. This does not mean that the job gets easier, but with the rooms being rehab its will be a bit easier to maintain.Ā  I also learned that Disney hires a separate company to take care of the handy work and paint but once the rooms are ready a special selective group of housekeepers go in and remake the entire room. This includes setting up everything from the beds to the tissue box.Ā  I ask my leader how I would be able to apply for this position.Ā  She explained that the rehab began last October and this group of housekeepers went through a series of interviews and special training from the work they have to do and its very challenging even more thanĀ regular housekeeping. CP’s don’t really get to apply for positions like these Ā especially with seniority playing a big part of theĀ decision.

On another hand one of the challenges of living with five other persons are beginning to come down hard. With the dishes not being done or garbage taken out until the two housekeepers in the house do it.Ā  I can live with different attitudes and personalities but not a dirty house.Ā  Itā€™s hard my roommate is also a housekeeper and we have the same schedules. We wake up at six am every morning and are the only two taking classes in our apartment. While the other four have the late shift and get to wake up at three in the afternoon and canā€™t find the time to put the dishwasher on. That is not as bad as trying to sleep and having them scream and shout at two am for no reason. Like I said a little challenging but I know I have a lot more to lose Ā and decided thatĀ  it not worthĀ  losing my focusĀ  for them. We have discussed the issues andĀ  IĀ  hope it gets better.