Journal #6 Personal Branding

Personal Branding

“Regardless of age, regardless of position, regardless of the business we happen to be in, all of us need to understand the importance of branding. We are CEO’s of our own ME, Inc. To be in business today, our most important job is to be head marketer for the brand called you.” – Tom Peters, The brand called you, Fast Company, 1997

What is your personal brand? A brand can be any perception that can describe a total experience with you. It can describe yourself as a leader, motivator or as a follower. When you brand yourself, you are heading the market offering the best you have. However, it is important to keep a good awareness of it, because brands are fragile. During the last few weeks, I had the opportunity to attend one of the career development workshops: “Personal Branding.” As none of the others workshop, this was one of the deepest in terms of knowing and discovering yourself.

It was an extremely interesting workshop. As the hours were passing by, I was able to discover different component or characteristics that stand for and set me apart from others, others that were relevant, as well as some consistent elements that work together in harmonious manner for my successful brand.

In my personal opinion, personal branding gets me the opportunity to create a personal brand statement that describes me. It had helps me to have a better understanding of my beliefs and values. Besides, it also will help me to introduce myself during an interview, or while networking; (30 seconds commercial). Furthermore, it will develop more my resume and professional portfolio.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.