Reflective Journal #2

This is my 3rd weekend here at Disney; things have changed a lot since the day I just walk-in into the Welcome Center. So far, it is a truly life changing experience. The fact of  been living away from my family have made my appreciate more the things and the people that I left behind, but it also has taught me so far that life is a constant change where we learn as human how to adapt to a new changes, atmospheres, and also way of living.

During these past weeks, I have learned a lot of new things, besides appreciation. I had learned that in order to be a leader you need to have the courage to make a different, not matter how huge it could be. You need to have passion, and motivations to make things work for yourself and for the benefits of others, but the most important thing you need to believe in yourself and in the fact that you can make a different. I can see that everyday at work. It is impressive how my leaders deal with all type of people that do nothing but complain about how hard is actually our job. It has become a kind of frustrating situation for me, just to hear the same phrase every time I go to the bathroom or in the cafeteria “it is a lot of work, I hate it.” I know it is hard, I do it everyday, but it is our job and there is nothing we can do to change it. We just have to do it, and do it in the right way with a positive attitude. However, besides that I love the fact that my leaders are interesting in helping me out with the next step after this internship. I am really happy to be support by positive people that are always trying to make us feel happy and appreciate even though the circumstances that we might faced at work.

After all, I feel like my life is changing everyday in every single aspect, as student as well as human being. My classes and my living experiences are making me seeing the world from a different angle, which I have never seen before.  For example, my creativity and innovation class is making me think more constantly; challenging my imagination to fly away with not limits or any expectations besides being created at the point where I can cross my own barriers. It is an amazing class where I have to write, and create my own journal. A journal that is going to reflect my thoughts, future projects, concerns expectations. The class promises to let us become unique, which is one of the characteristics of a leader that is willing to take risks in order to innovate and make new positive changes in the world.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.