Read and React #1

Training is one of the most important steps in the new hire process. At the beginning of this process I can honestly say that I didn’t expect all that was coming my way. The Disney company has a way of making its employees truly feel appreciated and valued. In the article  Tasha Freidlein , describes the way a company is suppose to train and renovates its employees with ways of keeping them happy. our traditions process is almost the same. At the beginning you feel lost at the amount of information coming your way. the first day was eight hours of computer classes about the history of the company and if we are being honest its very interesting but long. not every company takes the time and money to create great employees. the best part was having the boss himself come give us our name tags which i think is genius in my opinion. it was the highlight of the day. Training at the job location is a process it it self once we have been train with the universal rules for the company, for example their is only one Micky Mouse. The four keys are the essentials part of the tradition class. Safety, Courtesy, show and Efficiency.  Once we pass the traditions class its on to the site location training which brings the training for your specific role. over all the process does make the training better. It breaks it down in a way that the employee can get the information. I guess that’s why Disney has employee for over 40 years.

This entry was posted in Read and React 1. Bookmark the permalink.