Reflective Journal # 1

One week has passed since I check in vista way for the Disney College Program. I cannot complaint; everything has been amazing, starting with my roommates. I live in an Apartment with other five girls from different countries and backgrounds which make my experience here in Disney even richest and exciting. It is amazing how my life have change in a couple of days, leaving, learning and working here is giving me the opportunity of putting myself out of my comfort zone, in order to embrace all those obstacles that does not allow me to grow as a human being and as a professional.

I started my training on Sunday; it was fantastic to meet someone from Dominican Republic. Her name was Leslie; she was my training at Disney University for that day. The class was interesting. I learned different tips about how to manage my time while I am performing my work. I also learned about chemical including their uses, and how to be safe at my work place. For the Disney Company, Safety always comes first for us, and our guests.

However, everything does not end here. Yesterday was my first class “Creativity and Innovation”. I definitely made the best selection, picking up this class for this semester. I have such a wonderful group, and the instructor Ellen Tetlow is just Amazing. This class promises to be super stimulating. We are going to learn how to be creative and innovate in the divergent and convergent way, and how to apply all those different tools in our field or career paths. This week has not finish yet, I have being off for three days, because my schedule was changed at the last minute. The reason was that my training manager did not have my classes schedule until Monday morning, so they moved my work schedule and I am going to start my training at Pop Century Resort this Thursday. Yeah!!! I am super exciting!! Besides that, I just can say that I love how everything is so organize in here, I love the fact that we can approach to anyone and they are always able to cooperate and help all the time.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.