Journal # 1

This was my first week in the Disney college program, and what a week it was. When I first arrived on Tuesday and saw the lines, I was shocked by the amount of people and thought that I was going to be there forever. I was pleasantly surprise that it only took about two hours to check in. The cast members there made it a very pleasant ride at the welcome center, with their smiles encouragement and tips on how to make the program a great experience. The weather was pretty cool but luckily I brought some warm clothes just in case. You can never be too prepared. My roommates are all mostly from the mid west which it’s a nice change I am learning a lot about the hometowns and even foods.

My traditions class was Friday and we learned all about the Disney Company, like the Disney values.  Which consist of Openness, respect, courage, honesty, integrity, diversity, and balance. All form a part of how the company expects their employee to act. Another very important  part of training  for all Disney employees  are the four keys  Safety, courtesy, show, efficiency. They are everywhere not only parks but our complex, the buses. It’s a Constance reminder that we are part of the show and anything we do represent Disney. Yesterday was my first day of training and it was very helpful. They answer all questions and since I’m in housekeeping I even got to do some beds and bathrooms. Overall a very educational Disney has an incredible way of training their cast in an effective way. This week I get to go to my work location and start my training at the All star  resort.

2 Responses to Journal # 1

1. donyun0827 says:

Your journal should be very helpful because of the first day and the tradition class being decribed well. I am not there yet but I feel like being already there as I read your journal.