Reflective Journals#8

My schedule for next week is terrible.  I have to work until 2:30 AM every night.  I don’t like to work until that late because it’s really wasting time.  It’s true that there’s not a lot of work to do in that two hours, but I have no time to do anything once I work until 2:30.  I tried to talk to the manager, and she can’t do anything for me just because I am a CP.  CP has no choices at all.  And then I tried to talk to the schedule manager, and she says I can find someone to switch my shift.  However, the problem is no one wants to work that late.  Therefore, CP has to pick up the shift that no one wants.  There’s not only me as CP, and they just say because another one and I are the new CPs, so we have to work that shift.  That’s not fair at all.  I think all CPs should take turns for this regardless of their arrival date.  I can work once or twice per week until that late, but it’s really hard for me to work that late every day.  I think that is life.  I’m even more hopeless than full-time workers because I couldn’t quit.  If I quit, I will lose all study credits here.  Also, they cut my hours.  I only have to work 4 days next week.  But again, I cannot do anything.  I understand that every new person has to go through this process, but I just feel unfair that why only me has to work that late for the whole week, not all of the CP.

Huihong He

Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resort

Housekeeping

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Reflective Journals#8

1. nschloss says:

That’s the same thing with QSR, we the CP’s are the ones to close the restaurant. Only once in awhile will they have us open the restaurant. We are also the ones to wipe the table and do the garbage, Not that much full time workers do those assignments. I feel so bad for you, because you have it worse than me.