Reflective Journals #6

After my training last week, I had to do my own job this week.  The first day of the week was horrible because I worked as a runner.  And I worked in the Yacht club which was I never work there before.  I didn’t know where the linen rooms located in each floor, and I got confused with the room numbers all the time.  I tried it very hard to figure out the linen room located in each floor, and I kept asking questions from the full time cast members.  Because once they had sent you a message to delivery things, they started counting on you.  We had to delivery whatever guests needed in around ten minutes.  Otherwise, they would call you again and again, and those calls would also send to the manager.  Therefore, I felt bad that they put me in Yacht side.  But fortunately, I finished that night without any problem.  I also did turn down for the rest of the week.  For me, I would prefer to do the turn down rather than a runner since I got lost most of the time in the Yacht club.

Even though I got the hard time in my job, but I was glad that the manager approved a whole week off for me because my parents are coming next week.  I was so exciting since I didn’t see them for more than a month already.  So it’s good to see them, and I’m sure that they would become a driving force for me to move on in here.

Huihong He

Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resort

Housekeeping

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Reflective Journals #6

1. nschloss says:

I could just imagine, I have the same problem at my job were they woulf have me prep a table of sandwhiches that should be done in 45 mintues. But it takes me an hour to an hour and half to do it. I dislike having my co- workers have to wait for me to get the sandwhiches top give to the guests.