Read and React #2

Just recently in August 2012 the news was announcing that the state of florida was going to have a hurricane. Our leaders started to announce that they will have a stay over shelter for cast member just in case the hurricane got serious and people didn’t find themselves save at home. During this time we would be given sleeping bags and complementary food in return that the next day when the storm was over we will help clean the whole park. Many guest were nervous and asked us questions about the hurricane we just told them to continue to watch the news for more information.

In the case that a natural or man made disaster were to happen at epcot cast members are to work together and try to get all guest out of the park without explaining why, so that the guest doesn’t panic. During this situation we provide guest comfort by explaining to them the situation when they get to their hotel and providing entertainment for them at the hotel.

The lesson that this article will have on me as it relates to my future in management is prepare for the worst. Have a plan for evacuation not only for your guest but also for your employees. Make more than one plan for different type of disasters. Make sure to have compensation for those guest that don’t seem to understand the danger of the disaster and think that your company is over reacting.

In the article the author quotes”that long periods at the resort could potentially detract from the magic of the guest visit and  that it was something that they were determined not to let happen…” therefore they brought the magic from the park in the hotel. I believe this was a great idea of compensation for the guest. As a guest I would have been vey happy that Disney decided to go above and beyond and enjoyed my wonderful new experience. Entertainment that doesn’t happen often unless it isn’t safe outside

This entry was posted in Read and React 2. Bookmark the permalink.