Reflective Journals#3

This week was an international housekeeping week.  And we had a lot of fun for it.  For instance, there was a small party in the morning came with free breakfast.  And we played a little game every morning in the past week, such as hitting the leaders.  It was an enjoyable week.  However, we still needed to get back to work after fun.  I finished my training last week, and now I had my own rooms to clean.  I learned a lot of things from training; yet, I still worried a little when to deal with everything only by myself.  I got 8 rooms at the first day, and then added two up every two days.  It took a lot of energy to clean the rooms especially some rooms were really messy.  I had to fully use 7 hours to clean up 8 rooms at the first day.  It was very stressful my service room number would be doubled after about two weeks?  I’m handling 12 rooms now, and luckily I could finish them on time every day even early when I got used to it.  But the bad thing was I never had time to take lunch.

Housekeeping was a very stressful job because you have to use all your energy in 8 hours, and the schedule was extremely early.  It was hard because you had to rush, but in a clean situation.  I had one general clean on Friday.  That’s my first time to do the general clean, and the trainer didn’t even show me how to do it.  Therefore, I spent an hour and half to clean that room.  Otherwise, I could finish all 12 rooms by 2:30PM.  But it was good experience unless I knew which areas I should take care of the general clean.

Now I was getting closer to the full time cast members.  And so far all the managers are nice to me.  And two more things makes me feel better were the paychecks and tips.  I got my first paycheck on Thursday and got my first tip from a cute envelop.  The paycheck made me excited because it was my first paid internship.  Also, the tips can drive me to work harder.  Even though it was not a lot of money, but it still encouraged me to do it better.  I know it will be getting harder and harder in the future because the rooms are going to 16, but I hope to finish them on time and provide a magical moment for guests who stays in our resort.                              

Huihong He

Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resort

Housekeeping

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Reflective Journals#3

1. imatias89 says:

Great job in your achievement I’m glad to hear that you are getting better on your speed. I wish I could have finished as early as you when I was in housekeeping. Keep up the good work!