Read & React 1

I was the first group for the traditions day which was at 6:45 AM.  There were two instructors for traditions.  Both of them were very friendly and humorous.  They had so much energy to keep everyone awake and promote an atmosphere in the room.  The videos were amazing.

One of the important things that I learned from the Traditions was the four keys basics: safety, courtesy, show, and efficiency.  It was almost on every video that the instructors showed us.  The instructors kept repeated it over time to time, and asked questions about the four keys basics.  During the Traditions, they taught us how to keep smile on our faces, and also taught us the Disney Scoop.  One of the main reasons we had to smile was to make our guests have a magical and memorable experience in Disney.

According to the article, one of the main points that interested me was “required all employees spend a night at the hotel to experience the hotel from a guest perspective”.  During the Traditions, we did have a chance to Magic Kingdom as guests with our instructors.  It was a nice tour even though it was extremely humid.  During the tour, we saw how the cast members provided information to guests while they needed help.  Moreover, our instructor kept asking the 4 keys through our tour in Magic Kingdom.  It was a nice small tour.  Unfortunately, I didn’t have a chance to spend a night at the hotel to experience the hotel from a guest perspective even though I was working in a resort.

Overall, the Traditions class taught me many things about Disney.  It was interesting and made me want to stay here more than I thought.

This entry was posted in Read and React 1. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Read & React 1

1. nschloss says:

I enjoyed my day at traditions as well… and watching the instructors trying to keep everyone awake and everyone trying to stay awake.

2. imatias89 says:

After traditions I felt the same way you did when it came to wanting to stay here longer because when you first arrive to Disney you get drawn into the magic and just knowing that you are going to be a part of making the magic gets you excited.

3. donyun0827 says:

We were the same boat, I guess. The two instructors were pretty hospitable and humorous, which is skill we should develop as soon as possible. The four key basics will be repeated again and again in the future as well. It means they are being established through Disney’s long history, and as a result, those become the culture of Disney.