Backstage Tours

Boardwalk Front Desk Cast exclusive tour of the Haunted Mansion!

In the past month, I was lucky enough to participate in a few cast exclusive backstage tours set up by our front desk managers at the Boardwalk. There were three tours that I was able to make which were the tours for Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, and an entertainment and parades backstage tour.

Each tour was different and unique in their own way, the first tour I got to go on was space mountain. During the Space Mountain tour, we got to ride the rollercoaster first with the lights off and then a second time with the lights on. It was pretty cool to get to ride the ride with the lights on but if I had a choice I would definitely say the rollercoaster is more fun the way it is with the lights off. My second backstage tour was the Haunted Mansion tour. This tour was possibly my favorite, we got to first walk through the whole entire ride and learn neat little facts about different parts of the ride and then after walking through the entire ride and going backstage on some parts, we got to be the first people of the day to ride it and take flash photography pictures which are normally not allowed. We were also made honorary caretakers of the Haunted Mansion. I would have to say one of my favorite parts was getting to see the ballroom/ dining scene with the dancing ghosts and how that worked. The third and final tour we got to participate in was the parade and entertainment tour. This tour was neat because we go to see all the parade floats up close, learn a little bit about how they work, and see where they are kept throughout the day. We even got to get inside one of the floats and see where the drivers sit.

I am extremely happy that I was able to participate in these tours. I know it was a once in a lifetime opportunity chance and not many people can say they went behind the scenes on these rides. This is just another example of how what we can experience besides just working for Disney during our program.

This opportunity was also a great bonding experience both with my co-workers and with some my leaders. It was nice to get to take time out of work and get to know them outside the context of just work. Sometimes I feel we need to take a break from the work scene and re-charge a little bit.

Nicole Wong

Front Desk Cashier

Boardwalk Resort

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.