Reason to Smile – Week 3

It is taking me a lot longer then expect to get use to the weather of Florida. Working in Spaceship Earth doesn’t seem like a hard job. All we do is load and unload guests on and off the attraction. Other task involves greeting guests and supervising them in case they have any questions or need help of any sort. Compare this job to my last, working at Disney shouldn’t be as draining especially on eleven hours of sleep but I find myself getting very tired at work and these are only six hour shifts I am working. My only explanation for my lack of energy is the hot weather down here. Luckily, I have the guests to keep me on my feet. From my observation, majority of Disney’s guests are very friendly, you would rarely find them rude. Many of them come to Disney with their family knowing that they will have a good time. My guests always ask “isn’t it tiring to be smiling all day?”. What they don’t understand is that I am smiling thanks to them. My  most memorable experience by far is the little boy I meet while greeting for Spaceship Earth. His family was about to get in line for the ride when I had said “hi prince!”. He replied with a hi and reached out his hand. At first I thought he was going to wave at me but he was reaching to shake my hand. This little boy was only three years old at most and he left me speechless. It was the most adorable thing I ever saw a little kid do. You never know what kind of guests you would meet while working here in Disney but at least one would surprise you and this little boy made me want to go out and make a magical moment happen for little kids like him. Now, I am determine to make a difference to at least one family’s trip to Disney.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.