Week 2 – Assessment

What was suppose to be a week of training felt like a month. I can see why working for Disney would make your resume look excellent, the training is definitely intensive. Disney spend a lot of time and money on every trainee to ensure that we know what to do to provide every guest a magical experience. When it comes to attractions, they are especially keen on safety. Since my week of training was a cold week, there wasn’t a lot of guests to pose a safety threat. During training my trainer would tell me stories about the odd and unsafe things that many adult has done while on this ride. I didn’t think that these adults would be that irrational but after my assessment I believe it. When I had first open the ride, the ride powered up and back down due to a maintenance issue. From this, I realize how cleaver this ride was set up in order to protect our guests whether it maybe an intrusion or a malfunction. Then, while being tested on one of the most important role of the ride, a gentleman in his early 30’s decided that it was safe and okay for him to hop over the closed doors to enter a cart that his friend was in. Everyone, including myself was trying to stop this guest but he continue to do as he please until my inspector had stopped the ride. After she  had spoke to this gentleman, we power up the ride again. She then told me to never hesitate in stopping the ride because that guest could have been hurt if we didn’t and that in Disney, nothing is more important then safety. After my assessment, I thought about the situation and realized how fast everything occurred. Working as an attraction cast member, you have to pay extra attention to all that goes on around you. Hopefully, I will develop a faster reaction time by the time I graduate from the Disney College Program. As for now, I’m going to brace myself and tackle my first day working individually.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.