Topic

Feminism in Graphic Design 

Introduction

As we move forward in design, it’s important to explore the history of women in design and how they paved their own way in the creative field and how they are still fighting for their voices to not be suppressed in the design world. 

Background/ Review of the Sources

I am examining how women used graphic design to express themselves and ask for their rights and their place in society over the years and how female perspective and style has changed since the 1960s in no particular order. One of the examples I will be using is the See Red Women’s Workshop, their work was ahead of its time to battle sexism in advertising, marketing, and the media. 

Rationale

This research is culturally, socially and politically relevant because women today are still struggling to have their voices heard in the creative field and when their voices are suppressed within the creative process it translates into the final result which makes the female audience watching feel left out, whether it be in advertising, marketing or in media in general. This topic is meaningful to me because as a part of the female audience I have felt left out and I think its important to bridge the gap in 2023. 

Method and design

I will be using google slides to present information and I will be using images and animations to convey my ideas. 

References

https://medium.com/dodesign-iit-guwahati/why-feminism-is-important-in-design-867971b93b52