Job Title: Revit Structural Designer
Location: Eastern USA
PARASOL is seeking a motivated, talented and hard-working Revit Structural Designer to join our team to manage the design of commercial solar canopy projects from schematic design through construction. The ideal candidate has a passion for innovative management and design solutions and takes pride in and ownership of resolving technical and logistic issues.
PARASOL is strategically positioned for continued expansion and success. As we grow so should your role, responsibility and compensation. Candidates will be asked to demonstrate Revit proficiency as part of interview process.
PARASOL’s mission is to make a significant and enduring contribution to the deployment of solar energy with the goal of making a safer and cleaner world for all. The Parasol team is committed to playing a central role in the solar canopy market and, by doing so, accelerating the paradigm shift to solar as the primary source for electric generation.
Our work environment and culture supports personal and professional growth, success, new
opportunities, and advancement for all its members. The PARASOL team is unified by a common goal of having a positive influence in the world and creating a company culture that fosters respect and innovation. Our growing team is comprised of a diverse group of bright and motivated individuals who enjoy problem solving on a daily basis. The solar industry is exciting, highly competitive and one of the fastest growing industries; the PARASOL team takes a disciplined approach to maintaining a healthy balance between work and home, so we can be happy, inspired and successful in the marathon of life.
• A professional structural or architectural design degree or equivalent
• 3 years professional Revit experience required
• 3 – 5 years or more of commercial engineering / construction or similar design/build experience
• Experience supporting all aspects of design/build projects from proposal through construction
• Experience with foundation and steel detailing
• Experience with shop drawing review
• Demonstrated skills interfacing with engineering teams to implement product designs
• Experience reading proposals and participating in competitively bid contracts
• Experience with project communication and documentation
• Autocad 2D, Office, Excel and Adobe or Bluebeam proficiency a plus
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Complete ownership of project models and construction documents from concept thru fabrication
• Report to Design Director to understand work goals, standards, and design process
• Interface with sales team as required to define project requirements
• Interface with project management team as required to understand project requirements.
• Develop all project drawings and documents as required to support proposal, progress, IFP and IFC drawings submittals
• Support leadership at the project level. Interact with clients and third party consultants
• Support the development of product designs and detailing to improve quality and performance.
• Coordinate with procurement teams to support accurate bidding and fabrication of canopy components
ATTRACTIONS OF THE JOB
• Solar energy is a new industry and one of the fastest growing with great opportunities and challenges
• Work with creative people committed to design, innovation, and professional growth
• Work in a highly collaborative team environment with people who are passionate about what they do
• Experience it all. Parasol is full service company offering design, finance and construction services
• Diverse group of clients, New York to Hawaii, from Fortune 100 companies to major Universities
• Location of employee is flexible, 100% work from home OK for now
• Open workspaces in all of our offices facilitating team work, collaboration and knowledge
PARASOL is a market leader for the design, development, fabrication and installation of innovative solar structures and systems. We pride ourselves in providing our clients with the best products, service and system performance; in doing so, we have created a national brand recognized for being a market leader. PARASOL specializes in transforming parking lots into beautiful solar power plants, recognized for best in class architecture. Parasol is a full-service design & build company nationwide and is strategically positioned to bring finance to select projects.
SALARY & BENEFITS
• Compensation: commensurate with experience (please include salary requirements when applying)
• Unlimited vacation days after 6 months
• Healthcare benefits after 3 months
• Quarterly reviews to foster professional growth and satisfaction
• Annual reviews to evaluate performance
• Bonus: discretionary, based on individual and company performance
TO APPLY: Email your Resume, Cover Letter and Technical Work Samples to:
Email Subject: Job Title, Your Last Name, Job Location
Cover letter to include:
1. What excites you about solar energy
2. Why you are interested in working at Parasol
4. Salary requirements
5. Available starting dates