$15 – $18 an hour
Block is a renovation platform that transforms the renovation experience for homeowners and contractors. Block democratizes access to high-end design, while combining design, construction, and materials procurement into a single all-inclusive experience. Block simplifies a complex and convoluted process while ensuring homeowners never feel uncertainty when beginning a home renovation project.
Our mission is to give homeowners a better way to improve the spaces they live in, and to give contractors a better way to work. We are building an ambitious, tenacious, and creative team that is unafraid of tackling new challenges.
About the Role
We’re looking for a passionate, ambitious and motivated designer/ operations intern to join our fast-paced team. Our startup is growing and our client base is increasing daily.
This role is for someone who wants to be a part of a team from ground up and contribute to our overall goals by assisting the designer and operations lead in the design phase of each client. Our Design an Operations Intern is responsible for preparing the design sessions with clients, streamlining the procurement process when design is finalized, and creating guides for the construction phase. There is also room for bringing new responsibilities to the role as seen fit. You will work directly with the team to prepare and execute the design to construction phases.
- Preparing customer facing design material and deliverables
- Creating 3D models and renders for presentations
- Creating construction drawings
- Product/ material research
- Hustle and drive to hit, or even better, exceed goals
- This is an ever-changing environment and flexibility is key!
- Experience with computer software preferred (SketchUp, AutoCad, V-Ray)
- Highly developed interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Highly ambitious and goal-oriented
- Familiarity in residential renovation
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Paid internship
- Vacation days and company holidays
- Potential to work in the field and in office
- Working alongside an ambitious, kind, no-drama team that wants to help you learn
- Force simplicity.
- Problems are our fuel.
- Be tenacious and calm.
- Save money and time where we should.
- Speed is advantage.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
Experience: relevant work: 1 year (Preferred)
Education: Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Work authorization: United States (Preferred)