We believe in the power of light to create atmosphere. Rich Brilliant Willing designs and manufactures LED fixtures for hospitality, workplace, and residential projects using technology, simplicity & creativity.
Job Title: Design Intern
Reports to: Product Manager
Seeking highly talented and creative individuals who want to learn and grow with the RBW team. Interns will contribute to a myriad of tasks to enhance the RBW brand while gaining hands-on experience working in an entrepreneurial environment.
What Success Looks Like
A successful Design Intern will make a big impact in a short time! We need someone who shows the ability to self manage and execute projects with prior instruction given; executes projects within the timeline allocated; is adaptable; can assist in a variety of ways: model making, drawings, product and studio maintenance, etc. The goal will be to show growth in product knowledge and RBW development process.
Responsibilities & Key Activities
- Design Assistance: Assist design team with both design-related and organizational tasks.
- Concept development on new products
- Collection maintenance
- Creation of instruction manuals
- Creation of tech assets and 3d rendering
- Marketing Support: Assist the Marketing team for on-going technical asset development and support creative asset production. This may include but not limited to:
- Tearsheet updates
- Website maintenance
- Support photoshoot preparation and on-site supervision
- Documentation of new project prototypes for press & marketing
- Production assistance
- Product Builds
- General tasks
- Showroom install and display support
How we select interns
Please note these internships are highly competitive (limited to 4 positions per year), therefore every aspect of your application should communicate excellence.
- Communication skills: Clarity of thought and expression, English fluency
- Design sensibility: graphic layout, photography, product concept
- Understanding of construction details
- Required software: Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchup, Solidworks (if familiar, demonstrate drawings, assemblies, BOM, revisions, explodes, etc), Keyshot.
- Simplicity in presentation (visual & text)
- Concise explanations
- Excellent imagery (photography, composition, white balance etc)
- Two or three projects demonstrating appropriate use of materials, fabrication processes and fastening methods (show final idea and show components, if development necessary few pictures possible)
- Summer (June – Aug) Deadline: March 12 Interviews: March 15-18
- Fall (Sept – Dec) Deadline: June 12 Interviews: June 15-18
- Winter (Jan – Feb) Deadline: Sept 12 Interviews: Sept 15-18
- Spring (Mar – May) Deadline: December 12 Interviews: Dec 15-18