AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Construction Intern for employment in the New York, NY office. AECOM is searching for candidates that has the ability to be a role model, be client-focused, be impactful and be decisive.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
To apply for this position click Here and create an account.
PULLMAN, A StructuralTechnologies Company, integrates technology-driven, engineered solutions into its industry-leading contracting services. PULLMAN’s capabilities include specialty design-build services for new and existing structures, as well as a wide range of specialty repair and maintenance services. With offices located throughout the United States, and as a signatory to local, national, and international labor agreements, PULLMAN has the track record and the experience to meet our customers’ specialty contracting needs.
As a Project Engineer with PULLMAN, you will develop skills in:
- Budget preparation and job cost control
- Scheduling and production rate tracking
- Safety and quality control management
- Engineering design and support
- Business development and client relations
Successful candidates must meet the following criteria to be considered for this position:
- A Bachelors degree in Engineering (Civil, Structural, Mechanical Geotechnical), Construction Management, Industrial Technology or related field of study
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher
- A minimum of one construction or design related internship experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to travel 15 %
To apply for this position click Here
The Service Corps offers selected students a paid internship/ service opportunity with government agencies and non-profits across the city. Recruitment is now open for Academic Year 2019-2020.
Applications are open February 8-March 24, 2019
The Brooklyn Navy Yard Development Corporation’s (BNYDC) Summer Internship Program is now live! BNYDC’s Summer Internship Program connects college-attending or college-bound students to a wide range of work opportunities with businesses within the Brooklyn Navy Yard.
Over the course of an 8-week session, students will be connected to Yard-based businesses and departments according to their future career interests, skillsets and educational background. Intern roles include: culinary/hospitality, media/communications, engineering, manufacturing, construction, computer programming, and office/administrative.
For more information on how to apply click here
Deadline: March 8, 2019
mindSHIFT, one of the largest IT outsourcing and cloud services providers in the country, is recruiting for its Customer Engineer Internship Program. Interns will work primarily out of its customer sites and are responsible for working closely with clients and cross functional mindSHIFT support teams to manage and maintain the technology used by these customers. This is a full-time summer position lasting up to 12 weeks and will involve using both technology and business skills in support of client environments. The position requires basic network administration and troubleshooting skills, workstation knowledge, and basic management of both Microsoft Windows and Apple OSX operating systems, attention to detail, business intuition, excellent verbal and written skills, and the ability to professionally conduct oneself to all levels of the corporate structure.
This position is open to current Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree as well as Associate Degree candidates currently in their second year. mindSHIFT has locations in Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, and Newark, NJ. To apply, please select your preferred location below and complete the online application.
- Remember to send your Resumes and Cover Letters as PDFs
- Have Cover Letter template with keywords that can be used when tailoring applications
- Do you research on the places you are applying to
- Have a job opportunity tracker
- This can be formatted in excel with things such as job your applying to, date applied, any notes you may have or connections you may have with the company.
- Some places to search for internships on your own ( Also be mindful of scammy websites or job postings!)
- Builtinnyc (Has a lot of Tech Start ups)
- Don’t get discourage and STAY CONSISTENT !
Click below to read an article with more tips!
An article on why you should even do an internship : The Importance!
Good Luck !
I will be occasionally posting up internships I find for this year.
WeWork has a lot of positions open for 2019 internships in the areas of Software Engineering / Data Analyst and Machine Learning. If your interested check out the link below or tell a friend. Thanks and Stay warm !
If you currently have a job/internship, and are looking for a small side project, this may be for you.
Pineapple Co – Brooklyn, NY
Pink Sparrow – Brooklyn, New York
Reporting to the Lead Creative the Associate Draftsman will work with the Lead Draftsman as the conduit between Design and Fabrication by producing effective mechanical drawings for in-shop fabrication. The Associate Draftsman will also produce files for the operation of the CNC machine.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist Lead Creative & Lead Draftsman throughout all potential and awarded projects
- Attending project kickoff and fabrication meetings with senior staff members and Business Development team
- Produce effective mechanicals decks for in-shop fabrication
- Deliver shop drawings, and all other specific materials within pre-established timelines
- Support Fabrication Manager, Project Manager, and Department Leads in the fabrication process throughout the build timeline
- Produce files for the operation of the CNC machine
- Assist in the creation of ground plans and install guidelines as needed
- Create 2D documents for internal use and client presentations, including mood boards, conceptual renderings and mechanical drawings
- Work within build list, and production schedule as defined by the client and Pink Sparrow leadership
- Support overall departmental objectives as set by the Lead Creative & Lead Draftsman
- Support overall business goals, as set by the company
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Attend weekly departmental meetings
- Assist in any print production needs as outlined within the scope of an awarded project
- Assist in maintaining organization of shared files according to departmental guidelines
- Source materials and finishes as defined by the scope of an awarded project
- Assist in creating and updating standardized templates for internal and external use
- Participate and contribute to departmental and company culture objectives
- Working knowledge of SketchUp, Rhino 3D, AutoCad, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Professional experience working in creating 3D designs and mechanical renderings
- Ability to think creatively about a variety of challenges within the design and fabrication scope
- Experience creating vectored drawings consistent w/ CNC machine operation
- Shop drawing experience (furniture, scenic fab, etc.)
- Working experience with various materials and fabrication techniques (wood, metal/welding, hardware,plastics, laminates, fabrics/textiles)
- Must be able to provide written reports and feedback
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and team driven
- Must be flexible and adaptable to constant change
- Excellent written and oral communication skills