Department: Design, Construction, and Facilities
Store Location: Corporate Office
Founded in Italy in 2007, Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace. At Eataly, you can Eat a meal at restaurants or quick-service counters, Shop for the ingredients, and Learn through classes and tastings. Eat Better, Live Better! Eataly is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Eataly Corporate is seeking a Construction & Design Intern for Summer 2019. This internship is a unique opportunity for current students to have a hands-on, professional experience with a fun and dynamic team. Get a taste of what life is like as an Eatalian!
The intern will gain exposure to all facets of Eataly’s Construction & Design function, but will primarily focus on Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment (FF&E). Under the direct supervision of the Design Project Manager the intern will:
- Learn all the facets that make the Design & Construction team operate
- Understand the process of specifying FF&E, finishes and placing orders
- Learn and understand Eataly’s FF&E standards, needs, requirements and past vendor relationships
- Work within a simple user interface online database
- Build out Eataly’s online database for FF&E
- Source FF&E for future projects, including new vendors
- Assist in specifying, sourcing and following up with FF&E orders for various projects
- Demonstrate project management skills (priority on schedule and budget)
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
This internship runs from June to August. The intern will be scheduled 40 hours per week, Mon – Fri from 9 am – 5 pm. Internships at Eataly are paid an hourly rate. Housing and transportation costs are the responsibility of the intern.
- Opportunity to learn about food, beverage, and Italian culture through staff classes at Eataly
- Discount at Eataly marketplace and restaurants
- “caffè e chiacchiere”: one-on-one coffee chats with leadership
- Actively pursuing an undergraduate degree in Interior Design and/or Architecture
- Rising junior or senior with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Experience working directly for restaurants or retailers
- Experience visiting job-sites and assisting with decor and furniture installation
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe InDesign, SketchUp or Revit, Adobe Photoshop
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US