New York, NY 10018
Our internship suits students or recent graduates who would like to experience the practice of design. Candidates who showcase excellent skills can be evaluated at the end of the internship term for entry level consideration. However, this is not guaranteed. Specific requirements include knowledge of the following programs:
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- 3D Studio Max
- Revit (Required)
Please submit your portfolio and resume. Applications without portfolios will not be considered.
Part time and full time candidates are welcomed. Schedules are flexible and internship will be compensated on a contract rate for the term.
Job Type: Internship
Architectural Intern – 2019 (ID# 40418) New York, NY Category: Architectural Services Job Type: Intern Minimum Experience: 0 Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree In Progress Job Description
This opportunity is available for a college student in good standing working towards a degree in Architecture within an accredited program. This would be for approximately 3 months over the summer break. The candidate will gain experience in the implementation of transportation projects located in the New York area.
Our New York office has an immediate opportunity for an entry level Architectural Summer Intern to support staff serving on current major project in New York.
Major Tasks and Duties will include:
- Assist more experienced Architects in broader Architectural activities
- Perform routine Architectural functions, such as developing construction documents and feasibility studies.
- Prepare sketches and drawings using various types of CADD design software
- Assist with field work and document field investigation
- Research Building Code
- Assisting in preparing contract documents
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Projects which are currently active include work on Transit Facilities NYC Schools and private site developments.
- Must be motivated and have a strong desire to learn Architectural skills related to transportation infrastructure projects.
- Experience with Microstation, AutoCAD, REVIT, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and knowledge of reading drawings.
- Previous internship experience in architecture
Education and Skills Required:
- Current standing as a junior or senior student actively enrolled in an NAAB-accredited Architectural Undergraduate or Graduate Program.
- Must have completed basic foundational courses including: Intro to Architecture, AutoCAD, Architectural Drafting course, and Structures.
- The ability to work in the United States immediately.
- Please note that there is no relocation or housing assistance associated with this internship.
- Considering local candidates only.