Job Location US-NY-New York
Job ID 0219-20618
HNTB Job Title: Intern Architect
Position Type: Intern Full-Time
HNTB is ranked among the nation’s top architectural firms. Our areas of expertise include transportation, aviation, sports, convention centers, interiors, and education architecture. HNTB’s national portfolio includes such projects as the Las Vegas Convention Center, Chicago Midway International Airport, and INVESCO Field at Mile High Stadium. Our Transit Architecture Center of Excellence is located in our New York Office and features transit projects such as Boston South Station, Chicago Wilson Station, LA Metro Crenshaw line, BART extension to San Jose, and LIRR Jamaica Station. At HNTB, we’re committed to making success happen for our clients, our employees and our firm. HNTB is an architectural leader because we hire the best national talent and develop employees from within the firm. Our culture will allow you to gain experience on all phases of the project delivery process. Your career growth will be developed based upon your personal strengths and interests through our Career Path Development program.
Our New York, NY office is seeking an Architecture Intern for Summer 2019.
Relocation is not provided.
Under close supervision, assists assigned departments and/or project(s) by performing basic architectural calculations and other routine architecture-related tasks which may reflect elements of standard post-secondary architectural curriculum, usually on a part-time, temporary, or co-op basis. This is an entry level training position.
- Performs elementary architectural assignments and works from designs of others.
- Compiles data, performs basic computations and prepares working drawings on projects of limited scope. Assists in compiling data for architectural plans, specifications, cost estimates, reports, business development, etc.
- Assists in conducting preliminary studies to obtain information as to space and design requirements, obtaining measurements and making sketches preliminary to the preparation of contract drawings.
- Researches, gathers, and records information for use in writing specifications.
- Performs basic analyses of design, planning and occupancy studies and limited design layouts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED or equivalent plus 2 years enrollment in post-secondary architectural program
– Revit skills
– Previous internship experience
General Work Conditions
Office Environment: Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to potentially unpleasant working conditions. Incumbent must have the ability to stand and sit frequently, and reach horizontally as well as vertically for overhead use.