Singh_Dream Career

As I approach the closure of my student career, I found myself in a situation where I must make a decision which will affect my life greatly for the coming few years. By the end of 2019, I will earn bachelors in architectural technology and step into the field of architecture. However, architecture is such a vast field with million different opportunities that I must decide which category of architecture I would most enjoy. To decide, I took some inspiration from my experiences throughout my college career. After much consideration, I figured that I loved doing my projects in B-Tech 3 and B-Tech 4 classes. I remember being in control, organized and inspired to finish the projects on time and with efficiency. I also remembered how much I enjoyed taking the Advance Detailing class with professor Edwards. I resubmitted my drawings as many time as possible to make sure that every detail meets the standards of architecture field that professor Edwards wanted to teach and prepare us for. I realize that I like the small details and the process of putting an extensive amount of information on detail drawings. Knowing all that, a career in drafting and schematic design details will be my first choice. That is because I can operate most detailing software with efficiency and I’m a very organized person judging on the bases of my work and college experience. I have realized and accepted the fact that I cannot work in messy and unorganized situations where I just continue getting distracted by the unnecessary things.  Further, in the future, I would love to become the design project manager to expand my knowledge.