Dream job

September 17, 2019
Adriana Casado
Professional Practice.
Dream job

Since I was a child, I was always curious in terms of art, I think that influence came from my grandmother, since she had a lot of ability to do things with her hands like drawing, painting and weaving. Around 6 years old, I went to a class on artistic expression on Saturdays and I think there I learned about compositions, contrasts and shapes and I was attracted to draw plants and even elevations of houses. I remember that in these drawings I also implemented the use of the scale through people and vehicles.

In terms of architecture, I always liked to observe the houses, color and textures. Now comes the other part I could say not so “artistic” but at a more rational level where the work aspect is concentrated. My ideal job would be in a company where I have the possibility to restore old buildings and turn them into monuments of sustainable spaces. In order to make these buildings to adapt our reality, since with climate change, we have much ahead.

At the moment, I am working on a firm that predominantly performs landscape and uses sustainability concepts, I still have a lot to learn, but I think this is a very good opportunity to clarify the path that I would like to follow in this short-term future