Travis Montalvo Blog#9

Ninth Entry: October 29th. In much of my exhaustion, I find time to space out and sketch. Endlessly illustrating and mocking up something from my imagination with pencil and paper is therapeutic. It allows me to step away from all technology and distractions of the real word to just, be me (as if I’m not already). I can admittedly say I am exhausted, but I’m just around the bend. Senior Project, Interning, WORK, and finally my third class “Interactive Design” have left me running around with my head off. It’s all too much, however I’ve been getting through most of my work by making an old fashioned To-Do-List.

Making a hierarchy of things I must accomplish before I can move onto my next task, seems to work fairly well. Checking off each thing as I go along! Wiping my brow in relief once it complete! I never knew the satisfaction of just scratching off a title on a list, as if you wanted to die, until just recently.

Apart from doing a couple of Twitter posts at the Sprint Internship, we’ve been trying to get the rest of the marketing Team on board with Snapchat. I try to contribute at least 3 days of the week to interning at roughly 6 hours. They aren’t always available when I am, but I’d like to say I’m on the right track. So far Kevin says he’s logged about 39 hrs. Which is very impressive, the time has kind of been flying. The company sort of needs and edgier side. For example: John Legere, CEO of T-Mobile, is a character in his own right. I follow his antics online because he’s so flamboyant and obnoxious. He’s a direct reflection of his company. You’re not just providing a service, you are providing an experience. It’s one of the things we try not immolate with our new approaches, but we have to acknowledge it to become better.

Our department submitted a few ideas a couple weeks ago regarding how we’re “setting the stage in wireless”, and the Advertising Team in Kansas kindle ran with it, into a unique direction with their “Listen up Campaign”. It’s basically a commercial where a real life situation is made fun of, like a sitcom and Sprint’s promotion kind of saves the day. The minute the video is available online, I’ll try to post it up.  It’s nice to know you helped contribute to a bigger idea.

My more concrete work recently has been, drafting up a few Flyers for new product announcements and plans. They’re somewhat conservative here, but they appreciate my “youthful eyes” as they call it.