Journal Entry Week 13

This week I began working on my first Web based project for KISI. We needed to improve the initial process of figuring out existing lock systems in clients offices. Bernhard wanted to create  consistant visuals which would allow the customer to select their existing lock system. This  will cancel out the previous method which was having the customers send photos. I challenged my perspective as well as sense of lighting  on this project. I feel the only way to grow as a designer is to challenge yourself before you are challenged. Meaning, be innovative, instead of someone who is told what to do. Employers love when an employee or an intern can exceed their expectations. It sets you apart from the many applicants they have for your position.

With that being said, I created 13 doors with various lock systems and door handles. Keeping in mind the fact that the installer would need to not only be able to see the door, and the lock, but also the latches, I chose to illustrate each in an isometric angle. Keeping it simple and clean I chose grey tones so it’s not an over kill of blue and is easy to see in detail. While creating the files were simple, this was one of my more tedious assignments. Everything had to match yet be different. Consistency was the key to this assignment. While the doors varied in many ways the angle and original structure had to be consistent, as well as the image size needed to upload.