Entry #13

On Monday, I had the honor of photographing an event at the Hospitality Department that gave away awards to selected students. Professor Jordan asked me if I could be a part of it a few weeks back and I had to get back to her, since I have evening classes on Monday. Thankfully, I was able to work around my schedule and be a part of the event.

The ceremony only started at 5:30pm, but I was asked to come in at 4pm to take pictures of the graduates. It was a group of around 20 people, and we went to the Atrium area on the 2nd floor to figure out the best angle and light. Prof Garcelon, from the Hospitality Department, was there to help me art direct the photoshoot. We tried two different angles: one with the students in front and on the staircase, and another one of me shooting them from up there. The photos came out great!

After that, I headed down to the Atrium amphitheater, where the award ceremony was going to take place. The organizers of the event were taking care of the last details, and it was nice to be there and plan my positioning in order to get the best shots. That venue tends to be very dark, but thankfully most lights were on during the event. The ceremony was very beautiful, and it was a pleasure to be a part of it. It went on for a couple hours, then we headed up to the department’s Dining Room, where an amazing buffet was being served. I took some more candid pictures for about 20 mins, then was able to dig in and try some of that incredible food that was made by the students.