Humberto MV Journal Entry 15

Another thing I forgot to mention I spend most of the time rendering the “A Journey” videos. Each video took about 2 and half hours to render the 7-10 min video. My macbook really is showing its age. It is really frustrating when trying to get stuff done but being held back by the technology. This week was my last week. I saw where they put the logo that I created. Its on the Media Center website promoting the event for tomorrow 5/13/15. I am going to attend to see what it is about and if I can learn anything about branding myself for freelance. I had to create a poster about the event with the panelist. Its going to have 3 panelist from different companies. One panelist she is VP of marketing solutions at espn. Another is from Music choice and the last one is from MTV Network. Hopefully I can network also. After I created the poster I had to create a intro animation for the poster in the same style, but I had to animate all the elements in the poster like the panelist images and the series logo. Here I had to prepare the logo AI file to make it editable in after effects to have every part of the logo in its separate layer. it was really fun because during the weekend I created a similar type of animation for a mock promo for a mls soccer match between NYCFC vs New York Red Bulls. Here’s the link to the mock promo video. https://youtu.be/w3qRbX5q-8s. If I can I will post the video of the animation later on during the week after the panel.

panel