Journal # 3 Stephanie Venegas

My third week at Tribe was pretty eventful. I finalized the handlebar tape packaging and continued on to designing their handlebar packaging. One of my supervisors, Wyatt, specified what they were looking for, and what to stray away from. I immediately knew they wanted to stay as far away from their competitors, Pure Fix Cycles. Before I began working on a few ideas, I decided to do my homework and research a few companies that have similar styles to Tribe. I wanted to know what to stay away from and also get a little inspiration.

After a day or so I sent over some ideas. Both Wyatt and Mitch loved them. We all decided on the most efficient design, and I finalized the files by the end of the week. On top of the handlebar packaging, I also sent the guys new versions of the wheel set boxes, and they emailed me back with their favorite designs. The following week when I came in, I submitted the final design. It’s so refreshing to work on packaging design. I fell in love with it a few years ago and I’m so happy the guys are giving me a shot.