Entry #11

This post is dedicated to Prof. Julia Jordan, the director of Faculty Commons. It is a true pleasure to have her as a boss, but most of all, as a mentor. It is beautiful to see how admired and respected she is by per peers, faculty and students. She conducts her work with so much love, attention and care — it is impossible not to feel inspired by it.

I met her briefly before starting interning at Faculty Commons while doing school work with Raciel and Dorian, who got me the job there. We were hanging out on the first floor of the Atrium building at school and Prof. Jordan stopped by to tell them something quick. The two quickly let me know about how great she was and how happy they were for working with her. When I officially met her at the job interview, I could also see she was great. She sounded very passionate about the work accomplished at Faculty Commons and it made me want to work there even more.

From the moment I started my internship program, I could see Prof. Jordan had a lot on her plate. She is always running around taking care of various affairs simultaneously, but effectively. She always touches base with us to make sure we’re on the right path or if we need anything. Even though she is not a graphic designer, she has a very critical eye to layouts and always has good inputs to give us.

I am very grateful to have had this experience as an intern. Thank you, Prof. Jordan, for being an amazing mentor.