Journal #14 Josephine Woods

This will be my last blog entry for the semester. 14 weeks has pass so fast, and so much work has been done. Through out the semester I have learned and gained a lot of knowledge and experience. I learned how to work well with a team, how it’s good to always get a second, third or even a fourth opinion before handing my work to my boss. I learned new techniques in photoshop and how to use something from the Internet and redesign it to make it my own. I gain real world experience not to say that the class and class work didn’t help because it really did.

BTTIP which stands for Brooklyn Tech Triangle Internship Program; help me out lot. They picked me out of a lot of applicants and help me prepare for the speed interview, and help me find a great paid internship that fit me and my major. And I am so very pleased and happy with this program and the over all end results.

I worked at  New York App Designers   and my title was graphic designer, I was one of 6 designer interning with this company. My supervisor Khalidi Lawson was very fun and laid back, and working with him made my job more interesting and fun. He helped us start the app building process and by the second or third week we came pros. I can add even more experience on my resume thanks to BTTIP and Mr. Khalidi Lawson at New York App Designers for giving hiring me and teaching me the ropes of really life.

To be honest even though I did say I think the internship class is a waste of time lost from my actual internship, I can say now that it’s not entirely  true. I did learn more than I thought I would  from Professor Mason. Thank you Professor Mason  for also teaching me things I didn’t even know it really would be a issue. For example the video you showed class about face to face communication and interaction. I see now as I look around me that everyone is either on the phone or IPad  or some for of social media And not interacting with real life people. Which I believe  that this is hurting us as a society, people wouldn’t be able to talk to someone in person without texting them on the phone or hitting them up on a social media. And the other thing that stuck with me is the Roth IRA I think that’s what it’s call. I think I will do that once I get more information on it so I can have some kind money saved up for my retirement.