journal #9 Josephine Woods

March 23rd -27th

On Monday March 23rd; I continued to work on my babybuggy.org app; laying out the design and placement of content and images. Finally I came up with a design that uses the colors and images, and content from their website. I worked on my concept for the rest of the day.

on Tuesday March 24; I completely changed my concept. I didn’t like the look and feel of how my app was coming out. Than after I trashed my idea I had a design block. I became frustrated and started panicking on the inside, and left the design blank and just added content from the Website.

On Wednesday March 25th;  I went to my internship class. Professor Mason had the class sit in a conference circle, and we had to go around and tell the class what wr are doing at our internship. It was nice hearing other students and what they are doing and the probleMs they have, and they came up with to solve the problem.

On Thursday March 26th; My supervisor and I came up with a great design layout and concept. I came up with the design when I saw ads from magazines that my supervisor brought in. Ads was of apple sauce to go, and I used a similar layout for a portion of my app. Than I drew a triangle on it’s side to show a modern look and separation of the top of the and the bottom. I also used the colors from the babybuggy website.

On Friday March 27th; I changed the design again and used circles instead of a triangle. And with the circles I copied it to make a double layer, than the two circles came out to form the letter B. Staying with the B letter I duplicate the B and placed on the first B so it looks like BB which represents baby buggy. I think Monday or Tuesday I will wrap up my app and publish, which make it available for IPhone and android.

One thought on “journal #9 Josephine Woods

1. Joel Mason

Dear Josephine,

I am certainly looking forward to seeing the baby buggy app when it’s completed and launched. I also very much appreciate the effort you are putting into your journal posts. One of the goals I have for all students is to become better writers. I believe they can achieve this by approaching the writing process with the same attention to detail they take in designing graphic communications. Before posting I would advise everyone to print out a hard copy and read it, looking for errors in spelling, punctuation and grammar. Our textbook, Rules of Thumb can be very helpful in pointing out errors and how to correct them.

Sincerely,
    Professor Mason