Journal Entry 1- Latimel Rodriguez

The first day concluded with a brief introduction of the class and all that it entails. We introduced ourselves to the class, explaining our module and whether or not we have an internship, I did not! The prof. hands out a couple of sheets of paper plus the syllabus. He explains that this is not a regular class. The students meet every other week but that we are required to write our experiences down on a journal, even on the weeks that we do not meet. He didn’t need to explain the reason, why would he, it made absolute sense. You can only imagine my gratification and excitement having made it this far in my journey. As Prof. Mason’s, my instructor, speaking I just find myself getting more and more excited. He hands out one more sheet of paper, the internship list. Things are finally starting to come together for me, I’ve always understood the value of an internship, but now the opportunity is right in front of me. I take full advantage of this list and start circling the places I would want to work with, either by location or services. At this point I’m starting to have selective hearing, the prof. voice is starting to fade and all I hear is opportunity. A couple of minutes pass, might of been more but, i walk out the class and make a call to two of the places on the sheet of paper. One number was unavailable, I already had a plan B, for that said company. And the second my current internship. Their employees were gone for the day. I walk back into class unsatisfied, but I am fully aware that I’ll get one of the two. I enter back into class and finish the rest of my class session.
As we walk out I notice that one of my colleagues had interned with one of the places I called. I walk down to the sixth floor where he was working and asked nonchalantly. He said that he loved the place and to use him as a reference, I did just that.
The following day I email one of my choices, not the voice where my colleague worked, but the internship opportunity where the employees were gone for the day. I’ll just say it because it isn’t a secret. City Tech Design House. Al Vargas called me like a couple hours later, and we scheduled a interview for the following Wednesday at 10am.

One thought on “Journal Entry 1- Latimel Rodriguez

1. Joel Mason

Your energy and enthusiasm come through very clearly. Try to avoid run-on sentences and remember that you are writing in the past tense. Also, note that the office where Al Vargas works is the City Tech Office of Visual Communication. Work on describing your experiences in greater depth as you are given new assignments.

Professor Mason