Before you watch the TED TALK write down your personnel definition of trust. I suggest you include a few adjectives and an example of your current belief. Francis Frei specializes in helping corporations who have lost trust with each other and their customers. Your Professor wants you to observe her definition of trust and how she uses it to repair company values and their relationships with their customers.
Harvard Business School professor Frances Frei gives a crash course in trust: how to build it, maintain it and rebuild it — something she worked on during a recent stint at Uber. “If we can learn to trust one another more, we can have unprecedented human progress,” Frei says. Frances X. Frei is an American academic. She is the UPS Foundation Professor of Service Management and the Senior Associate Dean for Executive Education at the Harvard Business School, and she was the senior vice-president for leadership and strategy at Uber. In September 2019, WeWork parent We Co. named her to the workspace-sharing company’s board of directors.
Frances Frei defines three Parts of Trust needed to build a solid system that works for the team.
- Your Empathy is focused your collaborator
- Rigor in logic
- Empathy difficult to accomplish
- How does one reveal empathy?
- Problem: Self distraction by time and space crowded out of our time and schedule
Prescription to obtain empathy
- Identify when, where and to whom you are distracted
- Identify when, where and to whom you are withholding your empathy
- We can come up with a trigger that makes up look up, look at and listen to the individual and immerse ourselves in their perspective.
- quality of logic at risk
- our ability to communicate logic
Prescription communication tools
- Take us on a journey to tell the story to get to the point
- Start with your point then give your supporting evidence
- not being your true self
Prescription to be authentic
- be yourself
- Represent your difference in an honest fashion.
- How can you be your authentic self?
- Pay attention to what you need to say
- As a leader allow your team members to be their authentic selves
In this writing project you will answer the following questions in an essay format you may use the TED TALK as a citation.
- How did you define trust before you watched the TED TALK?
- find one citation that is from an article or website that cites Frances Frei or is written by her; use it in your essay to support your ideas.
- Pretend your team is in the middle of a trust problem. How can you repair your teams trust issues using Frances Frei system? Use Frances Frei definitions of empathy, logic and authenticity in your explanation.
Turn in your essay on blackboard in the assignments tab.
|How did you define trust before you watched the TED TALK?||one sentence||two sentences||Three sentences||20|
|find one citation that is from an article or website that cites Frances Frei or is written by her; use it in your essay to support your ideas.||one sentence||two sentences||Three sentences||20|
|Pretend your team is in the middle of a trust problem. How can you repair your teams trust issues using Frances Frei system? Use Frances Frei definitions of empathy, logic and authenticity in your explanation.||one method||two methods||three methods||20|
|Introductory paragraph||Define trust||define rigor in logic, authenticity and empathy||Define how frances Frei defines trust||20|
Discuss your transition from what you thought trust was to being influenced by Frances Freis ideas. You are allowed to agree or disagree if you disagree you must provide a citation of what you do agree with.
|Three sentences||Use of empathy in a sentence and use of authenticity in a sentence. and use logic in a sentence||Five sentences||20|