Watch the video about executive summaries below.
You summary should only be one page in length.
- Summary Two to three sentences that provide a short description of the project, its purpose, issue or main problem you are planning to resolve or address.
- Background- a short history of the project, was there an aha moment or experience that caused you to pick this specific idea?
- Process- who, what, when, where why and how are involved to plan, create and present your project.
- Results what are the predicted key findings or outcomes of your project. What do you expect to achieve and or learn?
- Recommendations- How will you finding or conclusion of your project effect what you do next. Is there an impact on any elements or groups of people? Will your experience change how you do things or be a strategy for following project? Will a shift in your thinking result in new procedures, guidelines or directions?
- Five paragraphs
- One page only
- Focus on the most important details
- Use bullet points instead of complex descriptions
- Include project milestones.
As you are writing keep in mind
- Who is your audience?
- What is the purpose of your project?
- Are there intended outcomes? (If so explain or list)
- What are the benefits of doing this project?