Students will work with faculty to develop a project that is reflective of the tracks the student is studying.
- Video Production
- Scenic/prop construction
Projects can range from crew head to designers in the areas the student has been studying. The project can be attached to a live production or film. It can be on or off campus. The project can be theoretical.
Types of projects students have selected in the past.
- Video track Narrative film: director, camera operator, sound recordist, post production sound mixer, lighting tech, producer and editing.
- Video track Documentary film: director, camera operator, sound recordist, post production sound mixer, lighting tech, producer and editing.
- All tracks Live performance, stage manager, sound engineer, sound designer, lighting board programmer, lighting designer and producer.
- Scenic track Master carpenter, builder and or designer.
- Lighting track Master electrician, board operator or designer.
- Sound track sound engineer or sound designer
- Sound or Video track AV video: streaming system designer and event video system designer.
Preparing to write your culmination proposal Video
Culmination proposal preparation
First watch the video about preparing to write your culmination preparation.
Second write your executive summary for your project using the outline below and turn in inside the assignment section of Blackboard.
Third make an appointment with your professor so you can talk in detail about your project proposal.
Reminder Executive summary is due in one week. In two weeks each student will present their proposals to the class. You have three minutes to present your ideas.
On the tools tab is a webpabe with a video and description of how to write your document
Turn in your summary on Black board in the assignments tab Executive summary for culmination proposal.
|Total 100 points
|Summary Two to three sentences that provide a short description of the project, its purpose,
issue or main problem you are planning to resolve or address.
|Background- a short history of the project, was their an aha moment or experience that caused
you to pick this specific idea?
|Process- who and or what are involved to plan, create and present your project.
|Results what are the predicted key findings or outcomes of your project. What do you expect to
achieve and or learn?
|Recommendations- How will you finding or conclusion of your project effect what you do next.
Is there an impact on any elements or groups of people? Will your experience change how you
do things or be a strategy for following project? Will a shift in your thinking result in new
procedures, guidelines or directions?
|Spelling and Grammar or how to loose points
|Three or more errors
|What do you want to learn by doing this project?