Writing has  honestly changed my life. Earlier this year I took on the habit of journaling, It was new and at first I didn’t have the constancy to stick with it,  but have since slowly gotten better at it. Journaling instilled in me the skill of constancy, organization and being vulnerable. I started out writing about the things I wanted to accomplish  each day, I outlined the chores I had for myself for the rest if the week. . As time went by, I added the things I was grateful for and small elements such as affirmations to  nourish a positive mindset. Later I wrote more about the things I wanted to in my life, such as my career choice, goals and who I wanted to become. I also wrote about my improving my confidence; I  was honest with my self and talked about the things I struggled with. I would then head on tackle those problem and find solution for each one.  Every time I journaled I would feel so good about my self and felt more confident and optimistic about the future.  Furthermore I  wrote about my struggles with how other preserved my body. I made sure that I used the negative narratives about my self and channeled  it into  becoming the best version of my self.  Journaling helped me achieved a mindset that will always be positive and less nervous about that I used to struggle with in the past and more sanguine about what the future holds.

During my first year as a US student my 8th grade teacher Ms Casey had an assignment for us to read a book and present it to our entire class.

A turning point in my education was my first year of high school.  A tall myelinated woman would change my attuite towards  education.  I remember it being the first week in her class and we  were assigned a quiz and I definitely didn’t do my best on it. I scored very poorly and could remember her side stare at me when she  gave back the papers. The next day in class I sat at the back of the class because I was extremely embarrassed of my performance, but after a few self talk session. I went over to her desk and asked her for some help. She looked at me and asked what my name was I told her,  she got suck on my last name, and I had to pronounce it a few times for her to get it,  but she loved my name and was it represented. She talked about her root and we both found things in common.  she found  beautify in something that I never really accepted about myself because of the bullying I experience with it.  She was tough, funny and always knew which buttons to push. She over knew me better than I knew my self knew and would constantly let me know when I was not doing my best . All in all she instilled in me confidence. She helped me become a better version of my self and an even better student she is Ms. Harry.