COMD3504 - Section OL69 - Spring 2022

Discussion#3

I chose the ad from Cue Health. Because of the current epidemic, this ad made me feel very interesting and made me want to buy it. A lot of advanced modern equipment appears in the video. For example, smart surveillance cameras in the kitchen, smart speakers, sweeping robots, heating, and mobile phones that communicate with us.

The ad introduces the protagonist, Cue, through the mother-son conversation “Andy just in tested positive, Let’s do a Cue test.” “Okay”. Enlarging the screen through the smart surveillance camera gives Cue a close-up view and asks questions, and then the smart speaker speaks to ask similar questions for Cue to answer and introduce himself. The surveillance camera rebuttal gave Cue an opportunity to prove and introduce her capabilities. The words of the sweeping robot represent the results everyone wants to see. When Cue said “Don’t worry, I got this”, the test results were quickly transmitted to the mobile phone. This also proves his detection speed. Finally, there is a picture of the heating being turned on, which also represents a warm welcome to the new family members. The designer uses the conversation of smart devices to introduce this product as if these smart devices are also part of the family, which is also telling everyone that we are now in an era full of smart technology. And this new device, Cue, has also brought convenience to our life during the epidemic. There is no need to wait in line for testing outside in the cold weather or queue up sweating profusely in the sun, and it can also prevent testing during the test. Cross-contamination occurs during spot detection.

1. Gloria Rosario

Hi,

I like this commercial you chose, I like the visuals and it was kind of funny too. I also liked at the end when they said ” Wait until you see what else I can do”? I s a good advertising line because it is inviting the viewer by planting curiosity to look into what else the device can do.

2. Faye Wang

Hi Chaochao, I really like your choice. In the advertisement, each household appliance is personified to let them express their own ideas, which is a good combination of the selling point of the product – Smart device. At the same time, the household appliances have appropriately combined the current social status and simulated the Coronavirus testing. This can also have a good effect on the audience. I think that’s a pretty smart idea.

3. Yiqiang Wang

I think this advertisement is very novel. At the same time, it is also a very modern advertisement, because it changes the protagonist of the advertisement from human to “intelligent furniture”.

4. Guen Fung

I found this ad to be funny, it seems like it is geared towards children but overall I found it effective.