Robin Michals | COMD 1340 Photography 1

Lower Manhattan

“Fingerprint of the Big Apple”

As a proud New Yorker, there’s truly no place like New York. From the bright lights of Times Square to the smell of diverse ethnic food on every corner, the culture is admired by all from around the world. For my final project, I chose the Lower Manhattan region such as Bowling Green and Fulton Street. There’s an immense amount of history of New York related to immigration that many of us including myself can relate to. For that sole reason has helped create the melting pot that we know today. Some of the various locations I will be visiting are Battery Park, Ellis Island, the World Trade Center, and the Statue of Liberty. I have a couple of fond memories of my childhood like riding the Staten Island Ferry with my family, taking a trip to Govern’s Island in middle school, and looking up under Lady Liberty’s nose. Our past helps us to reconnect with ourselves so my photographs will have a historical tone and I will be going to these locations at different times of the day and weather conditions.

stephen-mcfadden-V4_lnyk7Hyg-unsplash

stephen-mcfadden-V4_lnyk7Hyg-unsplash

1. rmichals

Lower Manhattan is a fine topic but a bit broad. You mention riding the Staten Island Ferry. That in and of itself would be a great topic. the terminals on either ends, the people on the ferry, the views from the ferry.