Work breakdown

In all, we plan to research the ways technology has influenced hip hop culture. The focus will be on how it has changed the scape of the craft.

Jerome – How piracy is done and how it has been avoided in the hip hop industry
J – The rise of piracy and the average album sales in hip hop..over the past 2 decades decade
K – The rise and prevalence of social media and artists’ giving in…the rise of mixtapes and other adjustments they’ve made to market themselves as a result.
L – Copyright laws and media rights…different forms of enforcement put into place to combat piracy.

In-class Prezi

With the in-class assignment, our only problem was the time constraint. Gaining a firm grasp of the material and planning consumed the majority of our time. But after we discussed how we’d present it, we knew exactly what the Prezi tiles would include. One thing that served as a very minor drawback was that our originally assigned 3rd group member didn’t make it to class. However, our new member was completely up-to-speed in under 10mins. We found it easy to present our views mostly because we could agree with the material of some of the articles we discussed. Half of them were pro-manufacturing and combatted the very issues that the antagonists brought up. Another aspect that made the process fairly simple was the plethora of available visuals for our topic – the U.S. manufacturing tech. We gathered a few pictures, but just didn’t have the time to put it all together the way we had planned.

U.S. & tech manufacturing

Our topic is a take on whether or not the USA should mass produce tech.
What we know:

• The U.S. isn’t rich in many of the natural minerals necessary to produce plastics and other materials
  • The U.S. takes labor laws seriously – a sweatshop on US soil would be terminated by Federal forces.

Business Letter to Motorola

Motorola Mobility, Inc.

600 North U.S. Highway 45

Libertyville, Illinois 60048 USA

Dear Motorola Inc.,

Congratulations on your merger with Google. Maybe now you can actually get back manufacturing Android devices that keep up with their vision. I’ve been a Droid loyalist since the OG Droid and by now, I’m sure that you can imagine I’m fed up.

Device after device, you and other manufacturers have saturated the mobile market with banality. Moreover, every supposed “top-tier” device that you particularly produced to raise the bar has lacked major features, falling far short of expectations. While we both know I could go on for days about your blunders, I’d rather focus on the Droid legacy. You began with the Droid 1. It pioneered the Android movement on Verizon and enticed the uprising of the entire platform over iOS. It was a solid device and with each iteration since, it’s as if you’ve been intentionally screwing your customers over. The Droid 2 had a larger Keyboard, but you switched the soft keys for no reason and you made it far less durable than its predecessor. The Droid 3 was even worse, with a larger screen, front-facing camera, and lack of 4G. That missing feature was quite odd, considering that, at the very same time you released an identical device in Canada, in which you included 4G antennas. To add further insult to OG Droid line loyalists, you released the Bionic with 4G in America, very soon after. Your marketing scheme is deplorable and I felt cheated up until I caught word of the new Droid 4 and all its glory. Finally, we had a Droid worthy of upholding the label. It boasted every feature that the top devices already had, and raised the bar with water-resistant sealing, the best keyboard yet, and still, the thinnest QWERTY slider on the market. But of course there was a caveat – a non-removable battery. The genius behind approving this ‘feature’ for your most powerful (i.e. most power-consuming) Droid ever produced needs a promotion *that’s called sarcasm*. What’s worse is the fact that you leave your loyal customers only one option for getting the defective or old batteries replaced – sending their device to Motorola Inc. and waiting for the week long turnaround to get them back. With Verizon, the average customer pays no less than $100/month. That said, we depend heavily on our devices. For you to have our phones for an entire week as if our communications mean nothing to us and it’s not 1/4 of an entire bill cycle, I feel you lack even the slightest iota of concern for the needs of your consumers. You inconvenience those who, as a producer, should matter most to you.

The only way I can see this problem being resolved is with you providing support (battery changes) through Verizon retail locations and never manufacturing any future devices with non-removable batteries. How did you go from boasting a removable battery as an advantage over the iPhone when the first Droid was released up to now producing the Droid 4 with a sealed in battery, alongside the iPhone 4 and 5, which now have removable batteries? You basically had everything, got immense consumer support, influenced competitors to raise the bar, then fell behind and stopped caring to satisfy the most loyal buyers. Get it together, Motorola.

Seriously,

Kaliym Rashaad

• What is/how do you cope with the role of information in your life?
  • How do you prefer to receive information?
  • How do you prefer to transmit information?
  • What is the personal or professional significance of your preferences?

Information drives my everyday interactions and tasks. As a student, I get up daily and head to school, in pursuit of an education. I go to obtain the information necessary to obtain a high-paying position in the Cyber Security field. First thing in the morning, I check the w

Intro

Peace, fellow classmates. My name is Kaliym Toppin. I’m a Computer Systems major and I’m working on graduating by next Winter. I’ve wanted to work with computers since elementary school and, in the past year or so, I decided to focus in on Network Security. I’m highly interested in tech. and gadgets of all sorts, but I’m most passionate about high quality headphones and speakers. I’m also a peer editor down in City Tech’s writing center. In all, Advanced Tech Writing is definitely my type of class and I have a feeling I’ll benefit greatly from it.

Detailed PB&J Tutorial

When making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, there are three variables: the peanut butter, the jelly, and the bread.

They can vary by type, brand, etc. My personal favorite (and also my ultimate comfort food) is Skippy® Chunky Peanut Butter with Welch’s® Grape Jelly, on Pepperidge Farm® Cinnamon Swirl Raisin bread.

To make one, first gather the necessary ingredients and tools.

• 2 slices of bread
  • Peanut butter
  • Jelly
  • A tablespoon
  • A tabletop
  • A faucet w/ running water (you don’t really have to “gather” it..just prepare your sandwich with one nearby)
  • A plate or napkin **if you’re civilized

Step 0: Place your 2 slices of bread beside one another on your prep surface (be it a napkin, plate, or bare table..gross).

Step 1: Open the jar of jelly and spread 1 heaping tablespoon of it onto one side of one of the slices of bread…

Step 2: Rinse the spoon thoroughly, with warm water, ensuring that NO JELLY remains on it. **Keep in mind that people will hate you if you get jelly in the peanut butter jar.

Step 3:  Open the jar of peanut butter and spread 1 heaping tablespoon of it onto one side of the remaining slice of bread…then lick the remaining peanut butter off of the spoon if you don’t plan on making another sandwich.

Step 4: Assemble the sandwich by placing the two slices of bread together WITH THE PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY BOTH INSIDE/BETWEEN (it’s in all CAPS because it’s important…don’t mess this up…the fate of your sandwich depends on it)

…and there you have it. Your sandwich is complete and you’re free to eat it, play checkers with it, or give it away as a kind gift.