Okay, I’ll start. The one word I have is “nervous” as always. I’m never sure how an online class is going to go, and this is the first time I’ve used OpenLab fully for a class since we went virtual. So, yeah. What am I concerned about? That people might not be able to find stuff! Help!!!

And I’ve got image up all over the place, so I thought I’d explain about the owls: I’m always checking out a website called explore.org which is so cool! Right now, there are live cams of bears catching salmon in Alaska. And these two little guys are Great Grey owls that I watched from egg to fledgling. They’re still in the nest here. I love owls! Wise, fierce, family-oriented. My kind of bird. So there. 

My name — I was named after my two grandmothers, Mysie Jackie and Donna Mae. My mother almost named me Mysie Mae, but fortunately the nurse and my father talked her out of it. I kind of hate my name, mostly because it’s not mine, really. There are my grandmothers, and my father’s last name (which is Shires) and my ex-husband’s last name (which is Blain)… so where am I in all that? If I could think of a better name, I’d change it, but I’m terrible at that.