Historical hand rendering of various typographic alphabets
• How to render the letterforms by hand
• How to write the perfect resume. The importance of knowing how to measure and how to create analog presentations. For the resume: How to correctly format the content into something that will be effectively read.
- Reading a ruler, measurements and cutting an illustration board. Transferring images from a transmitted medium to a hardcopy. (See videos).
- Have your supplies: Tracing paper, pencils, cutting board (or heavy cardboard), illustration board, metal ruler, soft ruler, knife and blades.
- Watch this video. It’s called Imported from Brooklyn, an 18-minute video made by City Tech students and winner of an Emmy awardin educational television.
- Critique of the three sets of the ligature treatments. How to measure and cut a board properly.
Session 1 Homework
- Cut three/four perfect illustration boards for hand lettering project.
- Bring your resume. If you don’t have one, bring all your data and achievements for them to be organized into a resume.
- Transferring the ligature to the board using pencil. https://youtu.be/j4yUbhsobK4
- Writing the perfect resume according to an OCR format.
Session 2 Homework
- Transfer all three ligatures to the illustration board
- Write your resume according to the format instructions.