Students are expected to come prepared with their homework finished and supplies to every class. Note that supplies can be repurposed from other classes.
- Sketch book for thumbnails and ideas: 8.5 x 11. (DaVinci) OR a digital sketchbook with organized folders to keep track of ideas
- Roll of 12” tracing paper—white or goldenrod
- White artist’s tape
- Two black magic markers: one wide point, one fine point
- Two flash drives: one master, one back-up
- Pencils of varying hardness; sharpener
- Xacto knife, blades
- Metal straight-edge ruler for measuring and trimming: 12″
- Flexible ruler: Shaedler or other
- Ultra smooth White illustration board for projects*
- Cutting board or 11 x 17 chip board to use as a cutting surface
- Black and white plaka and three ROUND paint brushes of various thickness*** The black is more important than the white. You might have to order it the first weeks of school so it comes in on time for the assignment.
- Black and white laser or ink-jet printer and 250 sheets of paper.
- If you don’t have a printer, here are some options. Choose one that’s near to you and has hours that are convenient. The prices are as low as $ .13 a copy so, when you print, print various versions of your work to compare.