The Poster Project
Specifically: The poster or placard to relay information; how it has been used to convey information actively and passively to large groups of people. Below are political poster collections.
- Review the various techniques for opacity, text outline, layout. Also familiarize with a slide presentation platform like Google slides, Powerpoint online, Keynote.
- Photograph different types of posters: Digital ones, paper ones, billboards.
- The Design Heroes Project is assigned. The list of designers is reviewed briefly and the project expectations are reviewed.
- Other types of posters throughout recent history
- From a list of designers, choose one. Research their life and their work and collect enough images to make a 20-page presentation of their work and the impact it had on their times. Remember to cite all your images. Presentation to the class is due in one week.
- The list is attached
- The Color Guide: Instructions to create a color guide by analyzing how two colors interact with varying opacities.
- The InDesign File is in Bb. Select a color, work through the opacities
- Finish the color guide and print it. Study the differences between the transparency of the color online and on paper.