Huseyin Akis – Blog Entry #13

Today, its November 18, 2015 and I’m still interning at City Tech Image & Visual Communications. I’m starting to feel less shy towards my Co-workers. I talk with some of my Co-workers a lot more now. It’s a great thing to communicate with Co-workers. If there is nothing to talking about, it never hurts to say “Hello, good morning”. Communication releases stress and makes me feel comfortable with my Co-workers.

I entered the office around 10 o’clock with a smile and said “good morning” to my Co-workers. Mr. Vargas came along, while I fired up Illustrator. He took a look at my logo comps for PG4U (Professional Growth For You) the Alumni Associations new mentoring program. He told me to “replace the font of the 4 to Bebas Neue and keep the font of U as Gotham”. The Bebas Neue was too condensed next to the Gotham and it looked off. I decided to use Futura Std Bold Condensed for the 4 and I brought the letters close to each other.

I made a bunch of variations with the letters. For some of the variations, I overlapped the letters with each other. In several of the variations, I joined the letters. For two of them, I cut the lower left side of the U a bit. This way the PG4U draft 6-014 looked like, it was a key fitting in the U.

My supervisor took a look once more and told me “to add transparency like I did in the older comps”. I jotted down the revisions he told me to make on a notepad. The day was pretty much over, so I packed up and left at 4 o’clock.