Journal 2nd Entry – Mohamad

This week was a very busy week at work; I was putting my last touches on the “ABC’s of Housing” which is like the book of rules in the Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD), that they deliver to owners and tenants, in order to inform them about their rights. I faced a couple of problems designing it; the first was the lack of creativity, where the responsible of the magazine informed my advisor that they want it as simple as possible. The second was that there was too much text and lack of images, nearly no images at all just some small icons. The third problem was that there are 5 different lawyers reviewing the content of the magazine at different times, so if someone had a problem with one paragraph, and after I fix this problem, the second lawyer finds a problem in it so I had to constantly keep changing stuff and content in it because of the separated review of each lawyer. It was a very boring project overall but I managed to overcome all the obstacles and tried as much as I can to have fun designing it. It was a stressful day today because I had to change the whole design 2 times because of the different reviews, but I learned to be patient and complete my task whatever the cost. It is my second week of the internship and I am looking forward to see how the booklet will come out printed next week.